Thursday 3 January 2013

New Years Resolutions 2013

So, now it's a new year, but 2013 haven't impressed me yet, tough. For the year I thought I'd put up some book related new year resolutions for myself. I never do this, I've never had a new year resolution before, so we'll see how it goes with keeping them.
  1. To read at least 60 books this year. Some people might say that 60 isn't very much, but I read very slowly, so for me to finish a book quickly I have to read all the time until it's done. And it'll probably take a few days anyway. In 2012 I read 52 books, and I don't want to set the bar too high, since I don't know it I'm going to have a lot of other things to do this year.
  2. Not to buy a million new books when I still have a three miles high TBR pile. I have the same problem as everyone else, I buy way more books than I read. I've been fairly good the last two or three months, though, so I'm hoping to keep the good work up until I don't have so many unread books in my bookshelf.
  3. To read more books in different genres. I don't know how well this will go. I read almost only YA fantasy or sci-fi, and I know I should read other kinds of books too. My most commonly used argument is "I don't have the time, I have too many YA fantasy books that I want to read". If I ever use that argument on this blog, I want you to find out where I live and come punch me in the face.
Those are the three things that I'm going to try to do, the last one is probably going to be the hardest. But I really need to "widen my horizons". Wish me luck, and happy new year.

2 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog. Hi! :)
    I most definitely see myself doing these resolutions too.

    ReplyDelete